Friday 4 May 2007

Portable 50 inch screen


"You what?" I hear you say, but recently browsing iwoot.com I stumbled across these. Now forgive my simple language but This. Are. Cool. Basically, you plug it in to a portable DVD player, put them over your eyes and voila, a 50 inch screen infront of your eyes!

Now, as a student I'm not about to cough up £150 for them and they are not released until next week so I can't say just how impressive they are from experience... But a 50 inch screen that weighs 68 grams? I think you can see where I'm coming from.

Admittedly, lying in bed staring into space (I think) is a lonely experience for anyone and personally I would much prefer an actual 50 inch screen but... Perhaps if you are lonely and enjoy watching films by yourself then go for it, it will be cheaper than the actual thing!

It's quite a big step towards 'virtual reality' and who knows what is coming next, keep checking the new arrivals page to find out.

No comments: